This document will be customer facing and will be provided to customers who wish to make a complaint explaining how one can make a complaint and what process the company will follow in order to resolve the complaint.
Complaints Policy (External)
You should consider the following:
- Who does the business envisage as likely to make complaints – customers? Suppliers? Staff? Is the policy user friendly? Does the policy need to be available in more than one language or in braille etc?
- How will these complaints be made? Online? In writing? Over the telephone?
- What are the timescales for complaints handling? When should staff respond to the complaint by? How will outcomes be communicated to the complainant? Is there any appeals process?
- What is the process for escalating the complaint in the event that the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome?
- Will the complainant be given a named person responsible for dealing with the complaint who will act as a point of contact?
- Will this policy be available on the website or will it be available on request? Are there any regulatory requirements that mean the complaints policy has to be easily accessible and displayed prominently?
- What information will the complainant be required to provide? How will this information be stored – will other policies be involved?
CloudLegal Support enables you to request quotes for legal support from third party legal experts. We do not provide legal advice on the site. See our Information Disclaimer and Service Terms for more information.