- WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file that some websites or web applications store via the browser on Your computer’s hard drive when You visit them. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites or web applications work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website or web application. Some expire at the end of Your session, others will remain on Your computer for a little longer. When You return to websites or visit websites that use the same cookies, these cookies and therefore Your browsing device, are recognised. Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs like letting You navigate between pages efficiently, remembering Your preferences and generally improving Your browsing experience. Cookies can be used to customise areas of content online to be more relevant to You and Your interests.
- FIRST PARTY COOKIES
First-party cookies are cookies set by the specific website or web application You visit i.e. the location displayed in the URL window.
- THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies are set by third party services that appear on our pages. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They are set by e.g. Twitter, Facebook and other advertisers or file sharing platforms. They may use the information they obtain from Your use of their cookies to track Your browser across multiple websites; to build a profile of Your web surfing; or, to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to You.
- COOKIE CATEGORIES
The type of cookies used on websites or web applications can be put into 1 of 4 categories, based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide to cookie categories.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential, as they enable You to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, the Services You have asked for (such as access to secure areas) cannot be provided. These cannot be restricted or blocked. These cookies do not gather information about You that could be used for marketing or remembering where You have been on the internet.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how You use a website, for example which pages You go to most often and if You get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not gather information that identifies You. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works. These cookies are not used to target You with online advertising. Without these cookies We cannot learn how the Site is performing and make relevant improvements that could better Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
- Functionality & Profile Cookies: These cookies allow a website to remember choices You make (such as Your user name, language or the region You are in) and tailor the website to provide enhanced features and content for You. For instance, they remember Your login details and allow You to watch videos. They also ensure the onsite marketing and experience is relevant to You. These cookies can also be used to remember changes You have made to text size, font and other parts of pages that You can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track Your browsing activity on other websites. Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices You have previously made or personalise Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies gather information about Your browsing habits. They remember that You have visited a website and share this information with other organisations such as advertisers. They do this in order to provide You with adverts that are more relevant to You and Your interests. Although these cookies can track Your visits to other websites, they do not usually know who You are. Without these cookies, online advertisements You encounter will be less relevant to You and Your interests. These can be restricted or blocked.
Cookies on the Site are used for many purposes including but not limited to:
- enabling a CL Member (or MLS Member) to register on the Site when requesting one or more CL Services where applicable and to have such details remembered for later;
- enabling a CL Member (or MLS Member) to avail of the CL Services (and the MLS Benefits) on the Site;
- recognising Your computer when You visit the Site;
- improving the Site’s usability;
- analysing the use of the CL Services (including the MLS Initiative);
- administrating the Site;
- preventing fraud and improving the security of the Site;
Below is a full list of the cookies used by www.cloudlegalsupport.co.uk along with a description of how each cookie works.
|These two cookies are used by CloudLegal Support to store your login and password. These values are hashed and not stored in plain text.
|This cookie stores information that the CloudLegal Support website uses during your visit. No personal information is stored.
|This cookie is used to keep you logged into the CloudLegal Support website during your visit.
|These cookies keep track of your shopping cart. No personal information is stored.
|This cookie a unique per-user code that links that user to the shopping cart data. No personal information is stored.
|This cookie provides functionality for the forms used on CloudLegal Support.
|Stores your acceptance of the cookie notififaction.
- WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT COOKIES?
More information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Internet Advertising Bureau: Guide to online advertising and privacy
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom: ICC UK cookie guide
- WANT TO RESTRICT OR BLOCK ANY COOKIES?