Are you an authorised firm which engages Introducers, referrers or lead generators? Perhaps you are an investment firm, you organise consumer credit or you are another organisation which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If so what do you need to know?
You need an Introducer Agreement
You need to ensure that you have an appropriate Introducer Agreement in place with your Introducer, because the FCA has warned that your organisation will be held responsible (and subject to regulatory action) if:
- The Introducer goes beyond their remit when ‘introducing’ and/or
- The potential end customer is given unsuitable or misleading advice.
This helpful report by the FCA highlights areas of concern and warning signs you should be looking for if you are using an Introducer model.
What to do next
If you have any concerns, you should get in touch with the FCA direct and/or request-a-quote for legal advice via the CloudLegal website. You can purchase a general Introducer Agreement (one-way) template or an Introducer Agreement (two-way) template on www.cloudlegalsupport.com if you don’t have an agreement currently in place.
Let us know if we can help you!
Author: Yvonne Morris
CloudLegal is a tech-enabled legal support consultancy which promises practical commercial and jargon-free advice. We support all company matters, commercial contracts/ Ts & Cs (including software and IT), employment & HR as well as data protection matters. We have various services including:
- our LawChat service which is a convenient way to speak to a legal expert;
- our suite of key Legal Templates available for pre-order purchase;
- our comprehensive Document CheckUp service for our templates;
- a free Request-a-Quote service for custom services from our in-house legal experts (and partner lawyers/ law firms);
- Last but not least, we offer a LawChat Legal Support Packages for business customers who need affordable, convenient and regular legal support. Areas include company setup, commercial contracts/ terms and conditions, intellectual property, data protection services and more. We also offer GDPR Support Packages in addition to Employment Support Packages.