The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) warned that any authorised firm engaging an Introducer (or referrer or lead generator) to help promote their financial products will be held responsible (and subject to regulatory action) if:
- the Introducer goes beyond their remit when ‘introducing’; and/ or
- the potential end customer is given unsuitable or misleading advice.
A report by the FCA highlights areas of concern and warning signs you should be looking for. Certainly worth a read if your business makes use of Introducers!
If you have any concerns, you should get in touch with the FCA direct and/or request-a-quote for legal advice via the CloudLegal website. You can purchase a general Introducer Agreement (one-way) template or an Introducer Agreement (two-way) template on www.cloudlegalsupport.com if you don’t have an agreement currently in place.
Let us know if we can help you!
Author: Yvonne Morris
CloudLegal is a tech-enabled legal support consultancy which promises practical commercial and jargon-free advice. We support all company matters, commercial contracts/ Ts & Cs (including software and IT), employment & HR as well as data protection matters. We have various services including:
- our LawChat service which is a convenient way to speak to a legal expert;
- our suite of key Legal Templates available for pre-order purchase;
- our comprehensive Document CheckUp service for our templates;
- a free Request-a-Quote service for custom services from our in-house legal experts (and partner lawyers/ law firms);
- Last but not least, we offer a LawChat Legal Support Packages for business customers who need affordable, convenient and regular legal support. Areas include company setup, commercial contracts/ terms and conditions, intellectual property, data protection services and more. We also offer GDPR Support Packages in addition to Employment Support Packages.